4 reasons producers switch to HPP food processing machines.
1. Delicious taste
High-pressure processing (HPP) with Avure machines maintains freshness and preserves natural flavors of juices, meat, fruits, and vegetables better than any other processing method. And because it just uses pressurized, pure cold water, it bypasses texture and taste variations caused by heat, irradiation or chemicals. Thanks to media coverage of HPP, or high pressure pasteurization, customers are hunting down these products in stores.
72% of consumers buy foods based on healthfulness. The other 28% need their first taste of HPP.
2. Consumer safety
Big stories in the media about contaminated food, listeria and salmonella have put consumers on high alert about food safety. HPP, which works on water pressure alone, has a unique ability to inactivate microorganisms without chemicals or preservatives.
3. Longer shelf life
Grocers and restaurants love HPP for extending the shelf life, and cutting waste. Now it's possible for many fruit and vegetable products, like vacuum-packed avocados, to last up to 30 days.
For 60 years, Avure has installed more high pressure systems and more high pressure food systems than all of our competitors combined. That accumulated knowledge counts for a lot in a field as specialized as high pressure processing.
•Characteristics of the fresh product are retained, sensorial and nutritional properties remain intact: Greater food quality, taste and texture
• Destroys pathogens (Listeria, Salmonella, Vibrio, Norovirus, etc.)
• Extends product shelf life: Increased distribution range, lower returns, improved customer satisfaction
• Drastically reduces the overall microbiological spoiling flora: Maintains product quality over a longer shelf life
• Supports clean label and low-sodium trends: Higher profit, Clean label foods
• New innovative food propositions. Products that can not be thermally treated can now be High Pressure Processed: Innovation and competitive advantages
• Able to shuck molluscs or extract crustacean meat without boiling: Higher yields, fresh flavor, minimum hand labor
• Only needs water (which is recycled) and electricity: Environmentally friendly